- Master Plan
Master Plan Background
The Master Plan is used as a comprehensive, long-range guide for managing growth, development, and redevelopment in the Midland community. State requirements mandate that the City of Midland review, and update as necessary, the city’s Master Plan at least every 5 years after its adoption.
A new comprehensive master planning process, known as City Modern, was initiated in January 2021. More information on City Modern can be found at midlandcitymodern.com.
Prior to 2021, the City's Master Plan was most recently updated in 2018. Details of this Master Plan are found below.
2018 Master Plan changes by subarea:
Master Plan by Chapter
- Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - City Profile (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Natural Resources Inventory (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Local Economy and Market Strategies (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Future Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Community Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Implementation (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Performance Measures (PDF)
- Cover Page (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Signed Resolution (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Full Master Plan