October 23, 2015 – The Midland Police Department encourages those planning on participating in Halloween trick-or-treating on Saturday, October 31 to do so between the hours of 6-8 p.m.
The police department offers these tips for ensuring safety during trick-or-treating:
• Dress your child in light-colored, reflective clothing.
• If your child is going to wear a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough to avoid visual obstruction.
• Adults should accompany children.
• Bring a flashlight.
• Cross the street only at corners.
• Have an adult check candy and other treats before they are eaten.
For more information, contact Community Relations Officer Paul McDonald at 989-839-4648.