July 14, 2023 – With the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational set to bring players, media, and thousands of spectators to our community later this month, the City of Midland wishes to notify residents of several road and parking restrictions on local streets during this event.
All parking and road restrictions will go into effect on Monday, July 17 at 6 a.m. and will continue until midnight on Saturday, July 22. These restrictions are intended to promote smooth traffic flow and safety and reduce congestion as much as possible.
Parking restricted on both sides of the street:
- W. St. Andrews Road from Eastman Avenue to Saginaw Road
- W. Sugnet Road from Eastman to Saginaw
- Hillcrest Road from Sugnet to Saginaw
- Dyckman Road from Sugnet to Clover Lane
- Noeske Street from Balfour Street to W. St. Andrews
- W. Nelson Street from Balfour to W. St. Andrews
- Crane Court from Eastman to end of court
- Hill Court from W. St. Andrews to end of court
Parking restricted on one side of the street:
- Helen Street from W. St. Andrews to Noeske (no parking on north side)
- Holyrood Street from Helen to Noeske (no parking on east side)
Traffic is expected to be heavy in the areas surrounding the Midland Country Club and Currie Municipal Golf Course, so residents who do not live in these areas or are not attending the event are encouraged to avoid these areas if possible.
Residents are also reminded that parking on unimproved surfaces, including grass and lawns on both public and private properties, is a violation of the City’s Zoning Ordinance and is prohibited. Violations can result in the issuance of a $50 civil infraction, the second offense a $250 civil infraction, and the third and any subsequent offenses a $500 civil infraction. A small designated grass area at will be made available on W. St. Andrews near Nelson Street for event parking only. Main parking for the event will be available at Dow Diamond with a complimentary shuttle providing transportation to the Midland Country Club.
For more information or questions specific to parking and road restrictions during the event, please contact the Engineering Department at 989-837-3348.
The Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational takes place at the Midland Country Club from Monday, July 17 to Saturday, July 22, 2023. For more information on the event, please visit www.dowglbi.com.