July 1, 2022 – Effective today, the MCTV Network is pleased to announce that grants are now available to cover fees associated with MCTV access membership, online services, and workshops thanks to a gracious grant from local philanthropist Mary Currie. Funds will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis until July 1, 2023 or until funds run out.
Offered as a Diversity & Inclusion Grant, these funds aim to create a robust and diverse community media landscape in Midland. Grant dollars can be used to cover the cost of media creator workshops; summer camp registration fees; access memberships; and digital services, including audio podcasts and YouTube videos for all members of the Midland community. Students, multicultural groups, and non-profit organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for these funds, members must:
- Be a Midland County resident ages 12+ years old or work for a non-profit organization based in Midland County
- Abide by the rules and regulations set forth by MCTV Network in regards to content creation, space and equipment usage, and general business
- Applicants can be new or current members of the MCTV Network
For more information on this grant program, contact the MCTV Network at (989) 837-3474 or email MCTVinfo@midland-mi.org. To learn more about the MCTV Network, follow MCTV on Facebook or visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/MCTV.
Find local programs created by the MCTV Network and its access users through the following outlets:
- Charter Spectrum Channels 188-191
- AT&T U-Verse Channel 99
- Live & on-demand at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/MCTV
- Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV via the free MCTV Community Voices app
- iOS and Android devices via the free Cablecast Community Media app
- YouTube channels: City of Midland, Midland Public Schools, & MCTV Community Voices
- Podcast channels: Midland Government Affairs & MCTV Community Voices
The MCTV Network is located in the lower level of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library at 1710 W. St. Andrews Rd. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Evening and Saturday hours are available by request. MCTV is a service of the City of Midland.