January 21, 2022 - Midland Parks and Recreation, in partnership with mParks (Michigan Recreation and Park Association) announces the 11th annual all-inclusive travel experience to the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
The trip will take place from Tuesday, September 27 – Friday, September 30, 2022. The Mackinac Island Grand Experience is for individuals 50 years or older (one person in each room must be over the age of 50). The trip will provide guests with a unique opportunity to stay and dine at the historic Grand Hotel and participate in a wide variety of activities such as tournaments, carriage tours, dancing, and more, all at half of the price of an individual trip.
Prices for the 2022 trip are as follows:
- $1240 per person for a single occupancy room
- $960 per person for a double occupancy or triple occupancy room
- Accommodations for three nights at the beautiful Grand Hotel
- Baggage handling, taxes, and tips
- Tea and cookies each afternoon
- Full breakfast each morning
- Four course dinner each night
- Round-trip motor coach and ferry from Midland
- Taxi to/from the dock to hotel
- Horse-drawn carriage tour
- Bingo (afternoon and evening)
- Various activities, including a bocce ball tournament, putting and chipping contest, writing and photography contest, cooking demo, self-guided walks, history lectures, kitchen tour, movies, nightly demitasse, and dancing to the Grand Hotel Orchestra
- Discounts on bicycle rental and golf
Registration for this trip opens on Monday, January 24. For more information and trip pricing, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/grand or contact Midland Parks and Recreation at 989-837-6930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.