March 12, 2021 – Due to unprecedented demand, Midland Parks and Recreation, in partnership with mParks (Michigan Recreation and Park Association), announces a second Mackinac Island Grand Experience travel opportunity.
The second trip will take place from Monday, October 25 – Thursday, October 28, 2021. The Mackinac Island Grand Experience is for individuals 50 years and older (one person in each room must be over the age of 50). The trip will provide guests with a unique opportunity to stay and dine at the historic Grand Hotel as well as participate in a wide variety of activities such as tournaments, carriage tours, dancing, and more, all at half of the price than if you were to go on your own.
- Accommodations for three nights at the beautiful Grand Hotel
- Baggage handling, taxes, and tips
- Tea and cookies each afternoon
- Full breakfast each morning
- Multi-course dinner each night
- Round-trip motor coach and ferry
- Taxi to/from the dock to hotel
- Horse-drawn carriage tour
- Bingo (afternoon and evening)
- Various activities such as a bocce ball tournament, putting and chipping contest, writing and photography contest, cooking demo, self-guided walks, history lectures, kitchen tour, movies, nightly demitasse, and dancing to the Grand Hotel Orchestra
- Discounts on bicycle rental and golf
Registration for this trip is now available. For more information and trip pricing, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/grand or contact the Midland Parks and Recreation Department at 989-837-6930 or by email at email@example.com.