July 31, 2020 – Following numerous complaints regarding large crowds and executive order violations at the Plymouth Park Fun Zone, Midland Police Department (MPD) is urging the public to follow these executive orders and public heath directives amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Residents are encouraged to avoid the Plymouth Park Fun Zone if large crowds are present and instead to visit one of the City of Midland’s other 72 parks. A map of all City park locations can be found online at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/recreation.
Please observe the following guidelines in accordance with current executive orders from the Governor’s Office and o the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) at all times:
- Limit social gatherings to no more than ten (10) people
- Public events and gatherings are limited to no more than 100 people
- Keep at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and people outside of your household
- Wear a mask or facial covering any time proper social distancing measures cannot be followed
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after touching common surfaces
- Avoid touching your face
MPD will increase patrols in the Plymouth Park area to ensure these guidelines are being followed. If violations continue to occur, MPD and Midland Parks and Recreation may close the Plymouth Park Fun Zone to the public until executive orders are lifted.
For more information or questions, please contact the Midland Police Department at 989-631-5716. Information on current executive orders, public health directives, and prevention methods related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.michigan.gov/coronavirus.