September 6, 2019 – In the coming weeks, several residential streets in the City of Midland will see improvements as part of the 2019 surface treatment program.
The program provides a cost-effective preventative maintenance solution to improve and preserve the quality of City streets by smoothing road surfaces, correcting imperfections, and applying a protective seal to local roadways.
The following roads will see surface treatment:
- Amberwood Court - including sidewalk ramp improvements at Dublin
- Aspen Way – including sidewalk ramp improvement at Countryside and Aspen
- Gettysburg Street
- Goldenwood Drive - including sidewalk ramp improvements at Amberwood
- Illinois Drive – including sidewalk ramp improvements at Todd and Gettysburg
- Lincoln Woods Drive
- Plumtree Lane – including sidewalk ramp improvements at Dublin Avenue
- Rowe Court
- Springfield Drive - including sidewalk ramp improvements at Todd and Gettysburg
- Todd Street
The program is expected to last three to four weeks.
A map and list of streets scheduled for surface treatment is also posted on the City’s website at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/engineering under “Surface Treatment”. Residents can sign up for email updates on the Surface Treatment Program by visiting the City’s Notify Me app at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/notifyme and selecting “Construction Updates: 2019 Surface Treatment Program”.
For more information, contact City Engineering at 989-837-3348.
Residents are reminded that due to the nature of construction activities, the information provided above may change at any time. Should an issue arise that would change this schedule, the City will provide updates via the methods listed above.