Contact: Jenifier Boyer, 989-832-6750
March 15, 2019, 10:45 a.m. - The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Midland County.
As of 10:45 a.m. Friday, the Tittabawasee River level was 21.11 feet and rising.
The following roadways have been reported as closed due to standing water:
- Tittabawassee River Rd.
- Golfside Drive
- Emerson Park Rd
The National Weather Service has forecasted the Tittabawassee River to crest at 27 feet Saturday afternoon.
The following is a list of anticipated road closures given the river flood forecast:
- Bark Lane
- Soper Street
- Forest Street
- West St. Andrews between Orchard and Eastman
- Crissy Street
- Currie Parkway
- Pine Grove and Bent Oak Drive
- Pomranky Road behind Golf Course
- Main Street by Historical Museum
- Whitman Drive at Atwell Street
- St. Charles Street
- Poseyville Rd
- Anne Street Parking Lots
- Main Street north of University Avenue and north of Sugnet
- Harlow Street at Sugnet
- Valley Drive
Do not drive through flooded areas. If you must travel, please watch for standing water over many streets throughout the City of Midland and Midland County. Proceed with extreme caution and never drive through standing water.
Residents are advised to obey all road closure signs and to stay clear of standing water, flooded areas and floating debris. Do not attempt to drive or walk through any standing water. Residents should take extra precaution where electrical items may be submerged.
Citizens should closely monitor flooding conditions.
Please continue to monitor flooding and street closures via the following resources:
- Midland County 911 Emergency Management, Midland County 911 and City of Midland Facebook pages
- Call 2-1-1 and/or
- sign up for 911 text and email alerts through Nixle.com