June 24, 2014 – The City of Midland is pleased to announce the launch of a new website that provides users faster access to information, more interactive tools, a refreshed appearance, and more information to enhance the website experience.
“The new site is a robust online resource for citizens who want to know about the services, programs, and events provided by their local government,” said City Manager Jon Lynch. “This new tool will help us continue to reach out to citizens with more opportunities for community engagement and information sharing.”
The site overhaul was coordinated by City staff and aided by CivicPlus, a national government website provider. Surveys of citizens and City staff helped determine what information and features would most benefit them. Some new site features include:
• A new look and feel that is fresh and inviting
• Easy-to-use site navigation that provides multiple ways to find information
• Notify Me, a feature that allows users to receive email notifications on timely information such as Council meeting agendas, press releases, and City job openings
• My Dashboard, through which web visitors can personalize their own “home” page based on what City services and information is important to them
• A comprehensive calendar that provides one central calendar and individual calendars for various City departments and functions.
• A site design that can be viewed on a traditional computer screen, iPads, laptops, and mobile devices
Citizens should note that the City’s website address (midland-mi.org) has been replaced with a new address (cityofmidlandmi.gov). The new address better defines the online resource as a municipal site and will help avoid confusion with other Midland communities across the country. Web users who go to the old address will be redirected to cityofmidlandmi.gov until viewers have had some time to get used to the new address.
For more details, contact the City Manager’s Office at 989-837-3301.