Youth Swim Lessons
SWIM LESSON REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN ON MAY 4, 2022
Please review the lesson descriptions carefully. By signing your child up for lessons, you agree that your child is able to complete all the benchmarks of the prior level. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children are in the level-appropriate lesson for their child. If our staff finds that a level is too advanced and poses a safety risk for the child, the child will be removed from the class.
- Learn-to-Swim Parent & Child Aquatics (Recommended Age 6 Mos. and older) Introduce your child to the water as well as basic skills and water safety. In addition, the child will also be familiarized with: Holding and support techniques, water adjustment, breath control, entry and exit, submerge face, buoyancy, front/back glide, back float, rolling, leg actions and water safety rules.
- Preschool Aquatics Level 1: Beginner – Orientation to Water (Recommended Age 3-5 years) This class will include 30 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes of free play. Limit 6 children per class. In preschool aquatics, your preschooler will be oriented to the aquatic environment and will learn the rudimentary levels of basic aquatic skills. In this level, your child will learn how to: Enter and exit water using ladder, steps or side, Blow bubbles through mouth and nose, Submerge mouth, nose and eyes, Open eyes under water and retrieve submerged objects, Front and back glides and recover to a vertical position, Back float and recover to a vertical position, Roll from front to back and back to front, Learn how to stay safe in, on and around the water, including the use of a life jacket, recognizing lifeguards and sun safety.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 1: Beginner - Introduction to Water Skills: Children will practice the following skills: Entering the water independently, traveling at least 5 yards, gliding on front with support for 2 body lengths, rolling to a back float and recovering to a vertical position with support, treading water, etc.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 2: Beginner - Fundamental Aquatic Skills After successfully completing Level 1, children are ready to move on to Level 2. Some of the milestones that are necessary for successful completion of Level 2 include: Stepping or jumping from the side into shoulder-deep water, Front float, jellyfish and tuck floats for 10 seconds, Back float for 15 seconds, Rolling from back to front and front to back, Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 5 body lengths, rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to the front then continue swimming for 5 body lengths.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 3: Intermediate - Stroke Development After successfully completing Level 2, children are ready to move on to Level 3. Some of the milestones in Level 3 include: Jumping into deep water from the side, swimming the front crawl for 15 yards, maintaining position by treading or floating for 1 minute, swimming the elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 4: Intermediate - Stroke Improvement After successfully completing Level 3, children are ready to move on to Level 4. Participants in Level 4 learn: Increase their endurance by swimming familiar strokes (front crawl, elementary backstroke) for greater distances, Building on the scissors kick and dolphin kick by adding arms for sidestroke and butterfly, Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, change direction and swim back crawl for 15 yards, Learn the basics of turning at a wall.
- Learn-to-Swim Level 5: Advanced - Stroke Refinement After successfully completing Level 4, children are ready to move on to Level 5. Some of the milestones in Level 5-Stroke Refinement includes: Performing a shallow-angle dive into deep water, Swimming the front crawl for 50 yards, Swimming the elementary backstroke for 50 yards, Swimming the breaststroke and the back crawl each for 25 yards. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>