Fence & Sign Permits


All residential or commercial fences require a fence permit. A site plan that complies with the City's Zoning Ordinance on fences is also required. There is a fee for fence permit.

Permits are required for all new signs installed in the city of Midland. Refacing or repairs of existing signs do not require a permit. The use of banners and other temporary signage may require a permit. Sign regulation is based on how a property is zoned.

Please check the zoning ordinance on signs or contact the Building Department for further details.