Business & Marketing Research Databases
Use your library card number to access these resources.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Search over 12,800 state-specific legal forms by topic including Adoption, Bankruptcy, Name Changes, and more. A majority of the full text legal reference books provided through NOLO.
- Morningstar Library Edition - Mutual funds and stock information recommendations and education. Morningstar ratings, and investment indexes and groups.
- Reference USA - Directory of business and residential information. Also includes job postings and consumer/lifestyle marketing information. Resource has a powerful advance search using many useful criteria to easily get to relevant results.
- Small Business Reference Center - Information on accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more. State-specific information included.
- S & P NetAdvantage - Comprehensive Investment Information. Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, EFT's, and Company Profiles. (Replaces S&P print products.)
- ValueLine - (In-library use only) Find extensive financial and statistical data on stocks. Includes recent news and analysis. Educational tools for building an investment portfolio.
Internet Business Resources
Please Note: The following links are supplied for informational purposes only and are not supported or endorsed by the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library or the City of Midland. The library gives careful consideration to the resources that it provides for the community and does not accept solicitations for inclusion to our pages.
- Entrepreneurship.org - View topics relevant to the business owner including Entrepreneurial Life, Legal matters, Marketing and Sales, Money, Planning and Strategy, and Talent and HR.
- Industrial Quick Search Manufacturer Directory - Search for manufacturing companies. Also lists Manufacturing Associations and Industry Tradeshows.
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed - Tax forms and publications for small businesses with assets under $10 million. Get your Employer ID Numbers and learn how to file self employment and small business taxes.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation - (MEDC) Offers programs and resources to help support the growth of businesses in the State of Michigan
- Start-Up Business Assistance - Access start up guidance, licensing, taxes and other resources.
- Michigan Small Business Development Center - (SBDC) - Provides counseling, training and research to assist small businesses.
- NAICScom - The North American Industry Classification System. Look up the code for a particular industry. What it is and how it is used.
- NAICS directory - View the official descriptions of the codes.
- Thomasnet - Find the supplies you need to run your business.
Starting a Business - The Library hosts an information session most months of the year. Click here to view the dates and how to register