July 2 - July 5: There is no new update
Update for the week of June 29th, 2020
For the week of June 29TH, we are open on Wednesday ONLY between 1PM and 3PM if you need access to your apartment. Friday is a City of Midland Holiday and offices will be fully closed.
We are now in the process of working with the elevator contractor, fire alarm contractor, and duct work cleaning contractor to schedule necessary repairs to the elevators and fire systems. They have us on the books and parts are being ordered, but a timeline has not been established yet.
We are working with Sodexo to come up with potential options for meals and we are very hopeful we can make arrangements for meals to be provided while the kitchen is not operational. Meetings are in progress and logistics are being worked out. Stay tuned.
The Lower Level will be fully closed off to residents. The Library and the Beauty Shop will need to remain closed until they can be fully restored. We are also looking into options to help you with your laundry needs, but be prepared for no access to the laundry rooms. The goal is to get you home quickly and to not wait for all these details to be worked out perfectly, but we are checking into what may be out there to make it easier for you when you return home.
The lower level renovations will take a substantial amount of time as we will need to draw up specifications with a third party project manager and then go out for bid on the renovation needs. City Hall is now in the process of figuring this component out and is seeking professional services and getting budgetary quotes for the specification writing and support needed for the next phase.
We are getting closer to knowing an approximate date of return. Once we have a firm commitment from our elevator and fire vendors on when they can promise the work will be done, we will pin down a return date and details of the return.
Thank you, Kim Samborn
- 9-foot ceilings
- Carpeting and window treatments
- Emergency Call System and smoke detectors with sprinkler system
- Grab bars in bathroom
- Individually controlled thermostats
- Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, and garbage disposal
- Phone jacks in bedrooms and living room
- Tub or walk-in shower
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Controlled building access
- Reserved parking space for residents with cars
- Social, educational, devotional, and recreational programs
- Storage locker for each apartment
- Utility allowance including Expanded Basic Cablevision
- Additional meals
- Beauty / Barber Salon
- Care available on a "Users Fee" basis from our health care contractor
- Chore services
- Covered parking
- Gift Shop
- Health monitoring services provided by an RN
- Scheduled health and exercise programs
- Smoke-free facility
- Special events and outings
- Token operated laundry facilities
- Variety of planned activities
City of Midland Services
- Dial-A-Ride, a demand-response bus system provided through the City of Midland, is available daily to take residents anywhere within the city limits for a nominal rider fee.
- In addition, the Midland County Senior Services provides a door-to-door courtesy car which is available for a small fee to take residents to appointments. Reservations should be made ahead of time.