Master Plan Background
The Master Plan is used as a comprehensive, long-range guide for managing growth, development, and redevelopment in the Midland community.
State requirements mandate that the City of Midland review, and update as necessary, the city’s Master Plan at least every 5 years after its adoption. In keeping with this requirement, the City of Midland Planning Commission initiated its most-recent review of the Master Plan in February 2018 and spent the next several months reviewing focused areas subject to Future Land Use designation review. This process resulted in a draft Master Plan that was forwarded to Midland City Council and approved for public distribution on July 16, 2018.
A public hearing was held before the Planning Commission on September 11, 2018, and further reviewed by City Council on September 17, 2018. The City of Midland Master Plan update, limited to Chapter 5 - Future Land Use, was adopted by the City of Midland Planning Commission on September 25, 2018.
2018 Master Plan changes by subarea:
- Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - City Profile (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Natural Resources Inventory (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Local Economy and Market Strategies (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Future Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Community Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Implementation (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Performance Measures (PDF)
- Cover Page (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Signed Resolution (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)