City Forest Operations, Chalet to Remain Closed for 2020 Winter Season
December 11, 2020 – Out of an abundance of caution amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, City of Midland Parks and Recreation will not open Midland City Forest for winter operations during the winter 2020 season.
The City Forest Chalet will remain closed for winter recreation equipment rentals and concessions and the toboggan runs will not be open to the public. Staff will groom the sledding hill, ski trails, and ice skating rink for patrons to use with their own equipment. Portable restroom facilities will be made available outside the Chalet for visitor use.
For questions or additional information, contact the Parks and Recreation office at 989-837-6930 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular office hours, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Know Before You Go!
At City Forest we are always working to make sure our attractions are up and running but weather isn't always cooperative. Please visit Rainout Line at 989-399-0506 or online to check the conditions of your favorite attractions.
TOBOGGAN RUNS WILL BE CLOSED IN WINTER 2020-2021
The gem of City Forest in the winter are the beloved toboggan runs. Our toboggan runs are the one of the last remaining toboggan runs in the state. The toboggan runs will easily be your favorite winter pastime.
How They Work
Each of the two .11 long towers features two snow-packed, iced and elevated toboggan runs that allow users to enter quickly into one tower once they have exited the opposite ramps.
Toboggans can be rented for $8 per hour, two hour maximum, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Approximately 3 individuals fit on a toboggan.
- Personal toboggans are not allowed on the runs - only rented toboggans.
- Please visit www.rainoutline.com to confirm they are operational.
- Reservations are not taken for tobogganing.
- Toboggan runs can cause damage to clothing and other items during use. Please try to wear durable clothing when using the toboggan runs.
- Toboggans are hand packed and unrefridgerated so they rely solely on weather conditions. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>