2020 Changes Due to COVID-19.
Register now through Wednesday, June 24. Teams accepted on a first-come first-serve basis. Managers can register the team online (the Parks and Recreation Department will remain closed until at least Monday, July 6). When registering only the manager needs to register and pay for the team. Players will be notified by the team manager invite.
Season begins Monday, July 6. Format will be 6-weeks with no tournament. Game times vary between 6-8:30 p.m. Only one rain-out night will be made up.
If you have already registered for the league, you must contact Marcie Post in Parks and Recreation to confirm you are still willing to play. Please contact Marcie by clicking here.
All teams who have registered in March-May will see a refund for the difference in league fees. Teams can keep this refund on file for the 2021 season or ask for a refund. In the event that your team no longer wishes to play, you must request a refund. All refund requests should be sent to the Parks and Recreation Office.
In the event that the Governor’s orders change and we are forced to cancel the league, the following refund structure will apply: 50% before Monday, July 6 / NO REFUNDS AFTER MONDAY, JULY 6.
Changes for 2020:
- This year each league will have a referee. Referees will officiate games and record game results.
- There will be no awards in 2020 and teams will not receive individual game balls.
- In the event that there are not enough teams to fill a league, teams may have to combine with another league. (Teams will be given the option to refund in this instance).
- Only one night of rain-outs will be made up.
- Players must be at least 14. All players under 18 must have a parent register on their behalf and a concussion waiver must be on file with the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Disinfect volleyballs between all matches
- Eliminate handshakes, high fives and huddles.
- Elimination of spectators
- Emphasize court time management by officials to reduce the instance of courts getting behind schedule and contributing to crowds waiting by the court.
- Encourage attendees to wear face masks except for athletes on the court playing.
- Encourage participants to bring their own water bottles.
- Scores will be posted electronically to eliminate unnecessary face to face contact
- Stagger match start times to space out participant's entry.
- Teams shall bring their own ball to practice pre-game.Disinfect volleyballs between all matches @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>