Election Inspector Information
Become an Election Inspector
Become one of democracy's most valuable players -- sign up to become an Election Inspector today!
Election Inspectors ensure free and fair elections for all and our democracy needs election workers more than ever. Serving as an Election Inspector is a paid position and requires training and certification. Election Inspectors cannot be a challenger, candidate, member of candidate's immediate family, or a member of the local Board of Canvassers. Anyone convicted of a felony or an election crime may not serve as an Election Inspector.
Apply to be an Election Inspector
If you are interested in becoming an Election Inspector for the City of Midland please review the Election Inspector Job Descriptions and complete the application below (along with the W-4 and MI-W4 forms), print, sign, and return by mail, e-mail, or in person to the City Clerks Office. Please note, the application MUST be physically written and signed in your own writing and you are required to select a political party affiliation in order to qualify.
- Election Inspector Job Descriptions by Role
- Election Inspector Application
Current Election Inspectors for the City of Midland can expect e-mail notification about 75 days prior to an election to see if you are available to work. Please keep these dates on your calendar:
- Early 2024
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk's Office at 989-837-3310 or by e-mail.
Additional reference materials are available at the below sites. Please note that the City of Midland Clerk's Office will provide more specific certification and training prior to Election Day.
- To confirm your voter registration, preview your ballot, and request an absentee ballot (since you may not be assigned to your own precinct on Election Day) visit the Michigan Voter Information Center.
- Secretary of State Election Inspector Training Manual – More than everything you ever wanted to know.
- State of Michigan Precinct Inspector Guide Summary
Information on and for Election Challengers and Poll Watchers
- Appointment, Rights, and Duties of Election Challengers and Poll Watchers (PDF)
- The Challenge Process: Questions and Answers (PDF)