The City of Midland provides Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART), curb-to-curb transportation service within Midland's city limits. We look forward to booking your Dial-A-Ride reservation!
Curb to curb bus service means that passengers must be able to meet the bus out at the curb. Drivers cannot go beyond the curb to provide assistance for passengers and cannot carry groceries or other carry-on items on or off the bus. If you need assistance beyond the curb or with carry-on items, you may qualify to travel with your own personal staff at no additional charge. Please contact Rod Merillat at 989-837-6941 with questions.
Call Ahead to Reserve Your Ride
Time calls are booked on a first-call, first-served basis, and time slots do become filled. Call Dial-A-Ride at 989-837-6940 with as much advance notice as possible to increase your chances of booking a ride at your preferred time. Dial-A-Ride reservations may be made as far as 30 days in advance. Dial-A-Ride provides service to the general public including persons with disabilities and elderly riders. When you schedule your ride, please inform the Dial-A-Ride Office if you need the assistance of a lift-equipped bus.
Bay Metro Transfers / Pick-ups
The transfer/pick-up location for connection with Bay Metro Transit is Midland Town Center (corner of Washington and E. Patrick roads in Midland). For additional information please call 989-837-6940 for details. Find more information
Riders who have scheduled a bus ride outside of our phone service hours (prior to 8:30 a.m. Monday - Friday, after 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, Saturday after 1 p.m., or on Sunday) and are not picked up as expected may call our hotline number (989-837-6999) for emergency bus service. The emergency hotline may not be used to book rides and is not monitored during Dial-A-Ride phone service hours.
Cancel a Ride
To cancel a pickup, contact Dial-A-Ride at 989-837-6940 during Dial-A-Ride phone service hours. Rides must be cancelled 60 minutes prior to the pickup time or the rider will be responsible for the fare. All evening rides must be cancelled by 5 p.m. weekdays and 1 p.m. on Saturday or the passenger will be response for the fare. Morning rides scheduled for pickup prior to 8:30 a.m. may call the hotline number at 989-837-6999 to cancel their ride. Rides scheduled for Sunday must be cancelled prior to 8am on Sunday or the ride will be considered a no show and the rider will be responsible for the fare.
Passengers who book a ride with Dial-A-Ride are required to cancel their ride if they determine that they no longer need the ride. If you request a pickup and do not show up for that pickup, you will be charged a no show and will have to pay the fare on your next bus ride. You can cancel bus pickups by calling the Dial-A-Ride office at 989-837-6940 during dispatch office hours. For more information on Dial-A-Ride's no show policy view the "No Show - Standing Order Policy" under the Dial-A-Ride Documents.
Who Can Ride Dial-A-Ride?
- Children traveling to school and other activities.
- Persons with disabilities and those needing lift-equipped buses. Drivers are trained to handle manual wheelchairs. Please view the Mobility User Guidelines to review information on guidelines for oxygen tanks and mobility devices such as walkers, strollers, wheelchairs, Amigos, grocery carts, etc.
- Seniors travelling to stores, medical appointments, and special events.
- Anyone needing reliable transportation to get to school, work, or shopping.
- Passenger Information Form
- Dial-A-Ride Brochure 2020
- Dial-a-Ride Passenger Policies
- Student Rider Policy
- Mobility User Guidelines
- No Show - Standing Order Policy
- DART Transportation Requirements - Final
- DART Title VI Plan May 2021 Update
- Directions to File a Title VI Complaint May 2021
- ADA Complaint Policy Updated April 2021
Dial-A-Ride Phone Service
After Hours Hotline
Rodney Merillat, Dispatch Supervisor
Municipal Service Center, 4811 N., Saginaw Rd., Midland, MI 48640
Language Interpretation Services
Please let us know if you need language interpretation services.
- Our website can be translated using the Google Translate button located at the lower right corner of our page.
- Documents may be translated upon request.